12 January 2024, San Juan, La Union, Philippines: Day 2 of the Single & Unattached Classic Single Fin Invitational competition saw cleaner 2-3 foot surf providing the Men and Women’s Divisions the opportunity to both enjoy and score great waves. The action started off at just before 8 am with the Women’s Round 2, then Men’s Round 3 was completed, before finishing up with the Women’s Round 3.
Due to deteriorating conditions in the early afternoon it was decided to delay the Quarterfinals until today, as the forecast is calling for smaller and cleaner conditions, so competitors were told to be on standby at 6:30 am for a possible 7 am start to the Men’s Quarterfinals.
Lined up in the Men’ Quarterfinals are:
1) Matt Chojnacki vs Jomarie Ebue
2) John Carlo Beramina vs Takahito Sak
3) Marven Abat vs Roger Casugay vs John Bryan Martinez vs Justin Ebueza
4) Anthony Spencer vs Jay-R Esquivel vs KingKing Villanueva vs RJ Chico Lopez
Women’s Quarterfinalists are :
1) Natsumi Taoka vs Hye Hyum Song vs Yeryong (Chris) Lee vs Sam Turingan
2) Antoinette Valdez vs Kaila Dela Torre vs Macy Machado vs Sivelia Jarrard
3) Nique Miller vs Daisy Valdez vs Mara Lopez vs Tarish Zamora
4) Lola Bleakley vs Alina Carlson vs Soojin Park vs Hiroka Yoshikawa
Yet to be run are the Newly Single and 40 & Over Divisions, who will see action either today or on the 13th of February.
See all yesterday’s results and today matchups at
And be sure to tune in to the live broadcast on Facebook Live at Single and Unattached.
Jomarie Ebueza / photo by Tim Hain
Elise Trigger / photo by Tim Hain
Single and Unattached 2024 is proudly presented by @vansphilippines and @vesselhostel.
@cleanbeachco @thelark_inn @
Also supported by